Aryan Mehta looked out from the window of his Cost to Cost Electronic (CCE) Bazaar office at the dismal fog which was masking the cheerful view of Lotus Temple Nehru place; it seemed that similar fog had enveloped her normal decisive mind.
CCE Bazaar set up three year back in this prime location (Nehru Place). CCE sell all types of Laptop, P.C. and other computer related peripheral devices. CCE Bazaar performed very well in the first two year with a 28% growth rate in sales revenue. But somehow CCE Bazaar was not in the radar of the potential buyer in the third year sales down by 20%. Ezone, Reliance electronic, Future electronic, Vijay electronic sales and other local electronic shops enjoyed better sales than CCE Bazaar
Aryan Mehta had suggested that they study buying behavior of the consumer and identifying the reason of lost opportunity. For conducting the research he need blue print/research design
So what is the research design?
A research design is a framework or blueprint for conducting the research project. It details the procedures necessary for obtaining the information needed to structure or solve research problems.
Type of research design
Research design is broadly classified as exploratory research and conclusive research design. Conclusive design further dived into descriptive research design and causal research design.
Next question arise what is exploratory design and what a conclusive design and how they differ with each other.
Exploratory research design: The objective of the exploratory research is to explore or search through a problem or situation to provide insights and understanding.
As shown in this clip the actor says “If I know what the problem is wouldn’t I have gone home and sleep likes others? I don’t know what my problem is?”
Exploratory research is use to define a problem more specifically.Exploratory research design is flexible in its approach and involves a qualitative investigation. It is simple and mostly loosely structured.
So where we uses of Exploratory Research
- Formulate a problem or define a problem more precisely
- Identify alternative courses of action
- Develop hypotheses
- Isolate key variables and relationships for further examination
- Gain insights for developing an approach to the problem
- Establish priorities for further research
Conclusive research design:Research designed to assist the decision maker in determining, evaluating, & selecting the best course of action to take in a given situation. Conclusive research design are divided into further two part
Descriptive Research Design: Descriptive design provides a comprehensive and detailed explanation of the phenomena under study.Descriptive Researchdesign require a clear specification of who, where, when, why and how of the research.
As shown in this clip here clear define what is problem, who will solve it and how she solves it.
Use of Descriptive Research
- To describe the characteristics of relevant groups, such as consumers, salespeople, organizations, or market areas.
- To estimate the percentage of units in a specified population exhibiting a certain behavior.
- To determine the perceptions of product characteristics.
- To determine the degree to which various variables are associated.
- To make specific predictions.
Causal Research Design: The major objective is to obtain evidence regarding cause and effect relationships
Uses of Causal Research
- To understand which variables are the cause (independent variables) and which variables are the effect (dependent variables) of a phenomenon
- To determine the nature of the relationship between the causal variables and the effect to be predicted
As shown in this clip the actor does the experiment by hugging the person who is very anger, and actor do experiment by hugging so he feel relaxed.
Section B Group 6_Chandan Parsad(13FPM002)
- Apurva Ramteke(13PGP068)
- Komal Suchak (13PGP086)
- Rohan Kr. Jha (13FPM004)
- Silpa Bahera (13PGP107)
- Sushil Kumar (13FPM010)
- Vivek Roy (12FPM005)
- Vaneet Bhatia (13FPM008)